As concern about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and other influenza continues to increase, Med-X, and sister-company Shred-X are taking every precautionary measure to ensure the health and safety of its employees, customers and the community. For more information and answers to business related questions please see below:
Our Company Policy Mandates the Following:
- Anyone who arrives into Australia from overseas must now self-isolate for 14 days.
- If an employee thinks they may have been infected, in addition to isolating themselves at home, they must also seek COVID-19 testing and not return to work until they receive clearance from their healthcare provider.
- Shred-X and Med-X have initiated specific service and processing procedures which are available for review on request.
- Med-X service personnel are trained and certified to collect infectious waste and will be applying additional precautions as proposed by the national Biohazard Waste Industry (BWI) committee.
- All Shred-X/Med-X personnel have accepted and will be following the latest Australian Government guidelines concerning social distancing and attending large gatherings.
- All business travel within the company (international and domestic) has been suspended until further notice.
Will my Med-X Service be Impacted?
Shred-X and Med-X have disaster preparedness and business continuity plans in place for such events as natural disasters and pandemics like COVID-19; these are designed to ensure continuity of service (minimising the impact on our customers). Med-X is certified to handle, collect and treat infectious waste and has assigned additional resources to cater for increased demands. Should you require this service, you can contact your local Shred-X (1300 747 339) or Med-X (1300 116 339) office to discuss your specific requirements.
What if my Business is Closing or Reducing Staff?
Should your business be impacted due to social distancing or working from home arrangements, please contact your local Shred-X or Med-X office as soon as possible to advise dates to allow us to make the necessary adjustments to your service.
What if my Service Requirements Change?
If your office is closing or has introduced precautionary measures of no external visitors/contracts on site, please contact your local Shred-X or Med-X office to advise of the suspension of service. This will assist our business to redirect resources where required.
As a business we are closely monitoring the situation and are following the guidance of the World Health Organisation, Australian Government and specific State legislation for further updates. Changes to our company procedures will be implemented as necessary.
For additional information on the topic, please refer to official and reliable sources such as the Australian Government Department of Health guidelines (https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Below is a guide on the recommended hand hygiene process to prevent the spread of viruses and infections:
Thank you for supporting our health and safety message. The wellbeing of our people, customers and community is of paramount importance to us.